Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm going to let the boat do all the work

Ahoy!

Hey I’m writing this on Saturday to tell you about my flight plans. Both of my flights (Utah to Atlanta and Atlanta to Buenos Aries) are both Delta flights. The flight going from SLC to Atlanta is flight 1912.  The flight from Atlanta to Buenos Aries is flight 101. That layover in Atlanta is about 2 hours so I think I will call you guys from there.

I got the package with the card reader and the calling card, thank you so much! Also, I sent some stuff home today. I'm sending home 3 packages with letters, boots (I remember you telling me to send home my boots if I was short on room), Christmas stuff, etc.  I hate sending this stuff home cause I LOVE the letters and everything cause they mean a lot to me but alas, I needed the packing space. Also, as I have been packing stuff, my little carry-on bag is ok in weight and my medium bag is about 43 lbs.  but my big bag is about 58 pounds so I’m sorry. I’ll try my best to distribute the weight around but I may have to pay for the big bag, sorry. Other than that, everything else should be good. I'm starting to finish up the packing and I should be good. By the way, I can't find my Leatherman tool. Did I leave it home? I’m really in no need for it at the moment but I just couldn’t find it. Anyways that’s about it.

We had in-field orientation yesterday (which is like a day-long classroom workshop thing) and Bro. Littlefield was in charge of it so I got to speak to him briefly about airports. He said he sent his 15 year old daughter to the airport alone and she figured it out so if she could do… it ha-ha). 

Thanks for all the letters; they have given me a lot of confidence and hope. Thanks for all your letters grandma and for the money. I'm so happy and grateful to have a caring, amazing family like you guys. I know the prospect of going to another country is scary but it'll all be fine and Heavenly Father is looking out for me and you guys. It’s just the biggest combination of nervous/exciting emotions at the moment.

Thanks so much for everything! I’m thankful you guys will be praying and fasting. Thanks everyone for all your letters, packages, and support throughout my stay at the MTC. I love you guys soooo much (and thanks for those rolls the other day they were soooo good!) I'm so thankful to have the greatest family of all time. I love you guys so much and I’ll call you Monday night! I can't wait to talk to you.  It's going to be great and it's all good!

Con amor,

Russ

p.s. Give Grandma and Grandpa Allphin and Carl a shout out for me for the letters they sent me!

Just a note: Russ called from Atlanta Monday night. He sounded great. We talked for over an hour.  He said the trip to Atlanta was just fine (now all he has to do is endure 11 hours to Buenos Aires and another 4 hours from there to Salta).

No comments:

Post a Comment