Monday, September 9, 2013

Take Me To The River!


Hey Grimlies!

Oh yes, It is another tasty week here in Yuto.  It’s good to hear that it was nuttin' but good storms, comic book conventions, and JAMES TAYLOR!!! Yikes. What was his set list? I heard a rumor he did a cover of Metallica’s "Enter Sandman" but I’ll have to see if that was a for sure thing or not.

Yes, it’s more than a thousand degrees here in Yuto and, from what everyone is telling us, we’ve yet to see the worst. They say the worst will be here in November. Alas, I believe I’ll be missing out on the 120 degrees of fun that comes with Argentine summer.

You ask why we were at the river, eh? Well, it’s because we had a baptism there!!! Yup, we baptized Gabriela ________ in the river over there by Yuto and I had the honor of baptizing her.  It was a way cool baptism. She is super stoked to be a member and President Angel is talking about putting her in the primary but we’ll have to see. While we were there we had an asado (an Argentine barbeque) and it was most delicious.

The rest of the week was pretty good. It’s just so blasted hot there. I guess it makes things interesting but all my dreams of getting all tan and hunky are all fading away as I'm just getting red. People are just baffled by this phenomenon asking, "Why are you so red?" I want to respond by licking the palm of my hand, smacking them in the forehead and saying "Why do ya' think?"  But that would be mean so I don’t usually do that...most of the time.

Nothing much else to report on, I’m afraid. I believe we are going to have another baptism this Saturday.  It’s a kid whose family is almost all baptized but him? No. We made a lot of progress with him and we are hoping for this Saturday. The kid’s name is José but we just call him "super" and yes, “super” is the same in Spanish as English. Like, people say "super duper" here.  Yes, it’s all super-duper down here. Questions...

  • What were you doing at the river?
BAPTISM!!!

  • Do you go to all the institute classes and FHE events that I see posted on Pres. Angel’s face book?
No, but we tell the members to invite their friends and when their friends come we patiently wait for the end of the class then attack!!...Well, that’s how we met Gabriela anyway.

  • How was branch conference?
We still haven’t had it yet. Its gonna be the 22nd or something like that.

  • Are you wearing your sunscreen or perhaps even a hat?
If I wear a hat than I’ll look like the JW´s around here. Sorry but NO HAT! Never hat!  But yes, I am using the sunscreen.

Well fams, that’s about it. Keep praying for us here in Yuto that all will be well, that we will do a lot of work, that we can baptize, and all that good stuff. I love you guys so much. Thanks for everything. It’s all good.

Con Amor,

Russ
The Lazy River

If you have to ask...        

I haven't been on a bike since I was 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment