Monday, April 15, 2013

For British Eyes Only

Bamblyz!

How it be? Good to hear from y'alls and to hear about your week. That’s great you fed the missionaries! I'm sure they appreciate it. And I hope another "frog eye salad vs. Greenie missionary” thing didn’t happen...then again, it would be a great sight to see....

Sorry about you switching wards, Dad. If there’s one thing I could change about the mission it would be—the changes, GAHHHH! How they kill me. I imagine it’s the same for you having to leave people you love. But yes, in do time it’ll all be chill and dandy.

It was a good week full of mondongo soup...yea?...and yes, like always, it’s like eating a dirty sock that dissolves in your mouth and you have to say “thank you” after eating it. I just don’t know why anyone would have thought it’s was a good idea to eat it in the first place. We had it twice this week. Like I said before, the people here are humble so we really do appreciate it (but don’t always enjoy it). 

We did a lot of service this week. We carried a refrigerator, 2 wardrobes, a water heater, and a table across the entire city of Yuto on a dinky little ghetto-made of rebar handcart they use here as there are like no trucks to move stuff. It made me think of my brave pioneer ancestors who carried their water heaters and fridges across the plains...oh wait...something like that. Anyways, it was a lot of work, it was. We also got new phones for the whole mission and you can now send text messages. I sent my first text message which said (in Spanish) "cool, cool—sounds great. See you then!" Just that text alone took me 5 minutes to write. I've been so long without texting that I’m now a newb at it. So very sad, it is.

We have a baptism planned this week. Her name is Paula and we are planning to baptize her in the nearby river. It’s a cool river. Please pray that it might happen this Saturday. That, and this is the last week of the transfer. I’m sorry but I don’t know about my patience with my comp. I know its God’s will in the end but if it’s at all possible, I hope I get to train this next transfer. Rosano is a good kid but the porteño-ness in this kid is just getting to my core. I’m trying to be as cool and chill  as I can be but it’s just kinda hard. You have to be like, straight up with this kid. He wants to do disobedient things (nothing serious, mind but still disobedient) and it just sucks to tell him "no dude, you can’t do that!" because he’ll get all mad and pout. He is just kinda committed to “my way or the highway”. Zulauf warned me about this kid and now I can see the fullness of his warning. I just wanna be the best I can, ya know? But this kid's just kinda slowing us down. Pray that it’ll all be good, that I can persevere and all. It’s just hard sometimes.

Well fambliys, Quezstonz?

  • I suppose the folks down there are singing “Ding-dong the wicked witch is dead” for Margaret Thatcher's passing?
Yes! That or the great "For British Eyes Only"  Look up Arrested Development for clarification.

  • How are you guys finding investigators?  Is it through referrals or good old-fashioned clapping doors?

Yeah. Mostly we are running through the old investigators but references are great here. The best thing about living in the tiniest town in the world is that everyone knows everyone so you can get like, 15 references out of one person. So, so, so very grand.

  • A very important question here:  If you could have one American thing to eat right now what would it be?

It’s a tie between like 3 things: Slurpees, a greasy spoon-type burger, or Little Caesar’s....oh I miss good, crappy food like that.

  • Do you ever conduct meetings in your branch?

Sometimes. We have been in San Pedro for conferences most of the past Sundays or have had people from the stake presidency come so President Angell conducted those meetings.

Well famz, that’s just about it for today. Thanks so much for your support, especially spiritually. It’s such a great thing to know that you’re praying, fasting, and templing. What a great blessing to have you guys in my life. I love you all so much. Thanks for being who you are. Keep on with it. Until next week. I love you. It’s all good.

Con Amor,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment