Tuesday, November 22, 2011

 
A hoy hoy, mi famila!

Como estan? It has been so great to hear from you guys this week. I love all your letters and words of encouragement! They are great you guys are amazing! Thanks for the letters every day grandma! I’m known in my district as "Allphin (pronounced All-feen) the letter machine" haha I love getting letters! So I was really paranoid the letter I sent to you guys last week didn’t make it to the house ‘cause it was so awkwardly bulgy but it sounds like you guys got it.... hopefully haha! Man, oh, man it's week 2! And boy this week has been...pretty much like the movie Groundhog Day but we're working harder. We are teaching a new investigator and it is HARD! Me and Elder Zulauf were tripping over words and it was so painful but we at least accomplished our purpose which is to help others come unto Christ. And we have to teach this investigator even more this week so keep praying for me! Have the spirits of the animal kingdom or what ever Natalie was talking about to watch over me and protect me.

Today I’ll try to write and send each of you guys a letter! So get ready for that sometime this week. But as far as the MTC goes there’s nothing really going on this week though, we still have the worst roommates of all time. The boy version of Rachael who is a die- hard Canadian who showers 4 times a week and will never shut up and always snores.  And the boy version of the weird girl from House Bunny who has all the weird ideas that everybody thinks is crazy plus he looks like an elf with a cold. I try to love them the best I can and I’ve never given them any crap so I’ve gained some tolerance towards them. But someone in my district, one of these days, is going to throw a chair at them—it’s only a matter of time.

It's Thanksgiving this week! So far the plan I heard for Thanksgiving is that we do some humanitarian project and have sack lunches and then have a special devotional with a special guest...my vote is that Lady Gaga is coming but we'll have to wait and see.  Oh, and also for a thanksgiving package, I’m pretty set as far as the food packages I got (thanks Cary, Brain, Molly, Doug, and Jen for the packages! They were awesome) but I would love a real caffeinated Coca Cola...yeah that’s right it's the devils nectar but I would love some if that’s cool!

I just realized that today we are going to the temple the day before your anniversary Mom and Dad! How cool is that? Really that is a cool temple (even though everyone that works there looks like they want to punch me in the face) I still like it and appreciate it. It's not the same going to the temple without you guys, though. I miss you guys so much! I’m so grateful for your guy’s example of being the greatest family on earth. And even though it's tough being away from home, I know it's a good thing to be out here and that you guys back home are being blessed so much. I'm doing fine! It’s hard work but I’m fine! And excited to learn! (Again I cannot emphasize how tough it is) but I can learn it! Keep praying for me that I’ll learn everything I need to know (I know you guys already do :)...I love you guys so much and I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! I know the Lord is looking after us. S'all good!

Con Amor,

Russ :)

P.S. Carly! Happy Birthday (on the 19th, haha) I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment