Monday, April 16, 2012

Cyber Space

Ahoy guys guys!
 How goes things? Glad to hear St. Gabbels was a smashing success full of friends, cats, and shopping goodness. I was planning on sharing a lot about the week with you guys but under the new rules instituted by new comp, I can only type for a little bit.

We went in the cyber just now and, in my mind, I thought we had one and a half hours (as usual) but he started freaking out and telling me I had to call all these people first so I did. When I got back on the computer I started reading your letters. He freaked out again and said that reading letters is a waste of writing time and that I should print them off cause, as of now, I only have 30 minutes of writing time. I’m about to explode cause I love my reading and writing time on p-days.

I’m sorry but this guy seems he is just out for total perfection and numbers. He doesn’t like my teaching methods all that much and stresses me out about the language. I just don’t get him. He’s cool sometimes but I just don’t know what to do. He gets really mad about the littlest things and it’s just getting super difficult. He wants me to get rid of all my English materials and only use Spanish stuff cause "that’s the only way you’re gonna learn this language.”

I was totally at peace until about a half an hour ago but now I’m a bit of a wreck. I really need some advice on what to do. I’m trying to pray to feel better but this week I got super homesick and got very worried about all of the responsibility and the possibility of failure. I really don’t know what to do. I pray and pray and but I’m just at a loss—advice? Advice on learning the language, not getting homesick, and getting along with a new comp would be of great help. Sorry, I’m just feeling a little bit frazzled as of now. Is this just normal mission puberty? Like really, is this just a little trial or something? In spite of feeling a little bit stressed, this week was, for the most part, good.

I got you guys’ package full of gushers and strawberry breakfast and the scripture cases. Thank you ever so much! I love you guys so much. We also had a baptism this week! It was Esteban. He’s a kid we’ve been teaching for awhile and he finally decided to take the plunge.  It was very hectic to try to get his baptism scheduled but we got it done none-the-less. It was very nice, a youth in the ward baptized him. It was a great and very spiritual event. We hope we can baptize Maxi and Noelle next week! Sorry there’s not a ton of detail on that but next week I’ll fill anymore questions you guys have on it for sure. It’s just that now I have no time to type. We had a pretty good week. Teaching wise. It was very nice so there is that. Sorry this is a lame letter I’m just, again, typing on no time.  Now, onto the questions.

Who is the new Elder in your pench?
  • Elder Habel! He’s from Orem he’s pretty chill.  He and I like a few of the same bands and he’s a good guy

How’s the other Elder in your pench?
  • Elder Mori? Yes, he is such a happy, good little guy.
Do you ever get to talk to Elder Rasmussen?
  • I talked to him a little last week on the phone but not for long.  Hopefully we can talk soon, though.
Is it getting cold there yet?
  • Today was perfect  for long-sleeves! It’s ideal weather outside and I hope it stays like this.
How are you getting on with your new comp?
  • Other than having a few little anxieties, everything else is good.
Any other baptisms coming up?
  • Yes! We have about 3 we hope we can get baptized in this next little while.
Do you think your Spanish is improving every day?
  • Yeah, a little bit. I’m making phone calls a ton now and going on divisions.
Any cool experiences with finding investigators?
  • Well, we are talking with this one lady who just really wants to find happiness in her life. She has a little girl and just wants to be happy. I bore her my testimony that happiness is found in the gospel and through it she can always be happy.  I think she is a potential baptism candidate.
Any funny stories from the week?
  • I was gonna share a good long story but since I have no time, I’ll tell you one other thing that happened this week. I got splashed by a bus that went through a mud puddle—classic, right? It was straight out of the movies. I actually didn’t mind it at all (and I’m not being sarcastic).
Well fam, sorry ‘bout the sad letter once again. Hopefully next week I can talk things out and get a writing system figured out but until then: Write, pray, help me, send lawyers guns and money and have a great week. I love and miss you guys so incredibly much and I’m, worlds without end, grateful for you guys. I love you, its all good!

Con Amor,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment