Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference And Transfers

Hey guys!


So good to hear from you. Sounds like conference was a blast for you guys. And yes, I did see Lizzie! We watched it in the chapel and I was like "you guys! That’s my cousin!" it was so cool!! I’m glad conference was good for you guys as well. It was the first time I took notes in conference and I don’t know why I didn’t do that before, It helped me so much. 


I’ll talk a little more about conference in a bit but this week has been the craziest yet. We have been in and out of Centro helping Maxi and Noelle with their papers and it was just crazy. It took us a while but we finally got them to get a date this week for their marriage so that this week they can for sure be baptized. I was very happy about that. It was a seemingly normal week other than that on Friday we got the call that Elder Rasmussen is going to Tucumán and I’m staying here. I guess on Saturday conference really got to Elder **** and he said he has to go home to straighten some stuff out. Now my two best friends that were the chilliest, coolest, nicest guys ever, left this morning.  


I have a new comp. His name is Elder Seipert. He is from Alpine Utah and he has been here a year. He gives off a quiet, Michael Cera vibe and he seems nice.  Also, the new elder that replaced Elder **** is named Elder Borton (or something like that) and he is the same as well. They all seem nice and I learned from conference that I want to be more patient and kind and to love everyone so I’ll try my best ‘cause I want a happy pench. 


This switch is just hard for me. I feel a little isolated and sad my friends are gone. I’m nervous to really start doing more and everything. It’s hard to understand people all the time and I can’t speak as well as I'd like. I also don’t feel all that well as of now. I feel really nervous and sad. Please, this week pray that I can keep pushing forward and do my best. I’ve been praying a lot today.  It’s so hard sometimes. I know this is a little trial to overcome but I just feel so lousy right now. Sorry, I just have to vent big time right now. I really hope I can feel better so and everything will be normal again in no time. 


Other than that unexpected unwanted switch, I’m sure I’ll get something good out of it. I’ll just try to be as nice and hard working and patient as I can. In other words, I'll "let the boat do all the work". Sorry for this kinda sad email but I’ll go on to the questions now.



  • Did you get to watch conference?

I did see conference, all of it and it was crystal clear. We watched it in a room with all my good buds like Elders West, Rasmussen, Jennings, Speakmen, Zulauf, Ackerman and a bunch of other good guys. It was really fun! I got a lot out of conference and, yes, we watched it all in English. I loved Elder Eyring´s talks, especially the talk he gave in the Saturday morning session. It gave me a lot of hope and encouragement

  • Did you get your latest package?

The package with the scripture cases and stuff I did not get yet but president will come down here in a couple weeks for zone conference and he always brings packages so I hope he’ll bring it then.

  • What are your living expenses like each month?

About 500 or 600 pesos a month so about $150 American.

  • Have you been able to use the ATMs okay down there?

Yes, I did get some money out of the ATM. It wasn’t much money but the ATMs do accept visa here so we got going for us, which is nice.

  • Any mosquito bites?

Yeah I’ve got bit a few times but they always stay out of our pench.

  • What's your daily routine like?

We wake up and get dressed and eat and then do personal study for an hour and comp study for an hour then we go out and work. Then we eat lunch and work some more. We teach about 4 or 5 lessons a day and do all the fun mission stuff like that and then we go home at about 9:30 and plan, write in the journals, and then we go to bed. That’s pretty much a day in the life.

  • Have you been staying well.

Until now yes. I’m sure I’ll be back to normal this week but man, today has just been so hard with my best friends leaving. Keep praying I’ll be better and I'll do the same. If you have any advice, please, do tell!

  • How did things go with investigators this week?

It was a very nice week for teaching and working. We met our goals and everything so yes, this week was a good show! Especially for Maxi and Noelle. They’ll for sure get baptized this week.


Well family, sorry about the dramatic letter but I just felt a little crummy. I’ll do my best, chin up and be happy and do everything that’s asked of me this week. I’m really nervous and sad so please pray for me to have some peace and that it will be a good week. I miss you guys more than you can imagine. I love you guys more than you can imagine. But we will only be apart for a little while. 


Can you believe on the 5th it will have been 2 years since I saw Muse and on the 11th it will have been a year since I saw Arcade Fire. Ha-ha, funny I remember those but at the end of this transfer I will get to call you guys, isn’t that great? I’m so looking forward to that. 


Well family, I love you all so much. I pray every night for you guys and thank Heavenly Father for you guys. I’m glad everything is all good. Thanks for praying for me and being there for me always. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week. I love you, it’s all good!


Con Amor,


Russ


No comments:

Post a Comment