Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bonus Christmas-Day Letter

 Ahoy and a most holly St. Swithin’s day to all!

So, President Brown the MTC president (Leslie Nielson's twin) surprised us that we could email on Christmas day so sorry if this is unexpected, I didn’t know about it either ha-ha but I’ll tell you the Christmas events that have transpired.

We'll anyway, we had a good Christmas Eve.  We watched that old version of A Christmas Carol with that greasy Burger King-looking Ghost of Christmas Present which, when he lifted up his robe to show Ebenezer the two poor kids that were hidden underneath, did so in the most hilarious way possible by yelling "LOOK UNDER MY ROBE!"  Our whole district was about to pee our pants when that scene occurred. I hope you'll guys know the Christmas Carol I am talking about. It's always fun to watch movies and stuff with the whole MTC because it's exactly like in the movies when prisoners watch a show:  Every kiss, every heroic moment, every cool scene is always followed by whistling/ooo-la la’s/clapping/etc. I shudder to think what will happen when we watch a movie with Rita Heyworth in it.

On that same night we had a white elephant gift exchange and then we all took our mattresses to one room and had a giant sleepover in there.  We read Luke chapter 2, and 3rd Nephi 11. It was really nice. Then I proceeded to sing all the guys a lullaby, except I just sang "Arms Wide Open" by (my very favorite band Creed) with a very unintelligible very Creed-sounding gusto. The whole room started singing and we laughed and laughed. I hate Creed with a passion but we truly did that song justice.

I opened my presents this morning (THANK YOU-THANK YOU!) along with everybody else, it was really nice and fun. We then went to a huge sacrament meeting and Elder Bednar was there. He gave a great talk about how to obtain the characteristics of Christ. Also, at the very end of his talk, he promised us that we wouldn’t leave the Church--What an amazing blessing, right? It was so cool! After that we had an okay lunch (I was filled up with candy) and that leads us up to here.

This past week has been amazing. I got my gift and I’m sure you guys got it too: To be happy. I have had a few bad days here (the mission will have a few bad days too, I’m sure) but they pale in comparison to the good ones. I am so excited to be here and to be going out to Argentina in just a little bit. What a blessing this gospel is. I know prayer works and, with Heavenly Father, nothing is impossible. I know that my Savior lives and he loves all of us. I'm so thankful for everything in my life: My amazing family and friends, the opportunity to be here, and for the knowledge we have of the Gospel.

I don't know a ton of Spanish but I’m ready to get out there and try my best. I love you guys so much. Thanks for everything—thanks for your amazing examples and for your prayers. I'll email and write you again on Tuesday. I'm going to finish this email up and read the letters you guys put in my Christmas package I know this is a good thing, to be here. I am thankful for it all. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas, I know I did. Thank you for everything. Merry Christmas. I Love You. It's all good! :)

Con Amor,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment