Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MTC Week 4

A hoy-hoy Familia!

How’s it going? This week is a little different for writing email. I usually write my email from the writing lab near my classroom but today I’m writing this from the laundry room underneath a very loud vent--so it’s interesting ha-ha.

How are you guys?  It’s so good to hear from you. I just have to say how much I appreciated your fasting for me. Really. This week I just got so much courage and strength to do all that was asked of me. I feel like I’m not embarrassed to speak Spanish. I know my Spanish probably sounds like a "retarded German shepherd" but it’s progress ha-ha. I just feel so much better, like a weight has been lifted. I know its hard work but I know that your prayers are really helping me and lifting me up. Thank you so much for all who fasted for me. You guys are just more than amazing!

This last week was pretty eventful. Like I said, I got a huge confidence boost thanks to you guys and this week we did a lot of teaching. Me and Elder Zulauf were teaching for TRC were you teach a lesson to a volunteer who is usually a member. We didn’t have a lot of volunteers come so we taught our teacher Hermano Fry. We taught him our lesson and I just got the prompting to say to him (in Spanish) if everything was okay and if he needed anything. Turns out he did.  He asked us to pray for him and his soon-to-be wife. He looked really scared and kind of dumbfounded.  I didn’t know if it was pre-marriage jitters or what but at the end of our lesson we kneeled down and prayed. I said in the prayer (again this is all in Spanish) that Hermano Fry and his fiancée would be blessed with strength and that all would be ok. He started lightly tearing up during the prayer and at the end he thanked us. I think that prayer helped him a lot. I think that was my first step of really helping people on my mission.

We fasted on Fast Sunday but not for just 2 meals, no.  That’s not how our district rolls. We did a 24-HOUR fast—AHHHHHGJHYTJK!!!!.
It was actually pretty easy because I was really fasting for a purpose so it was a cool experience.

I saw Ms. Jones last Tuesday! It was so good to see her.  I was tearing up ‘cause it was so good to see her. I also caught up with the Littlefield’s and they say “hello” and they took a picture of me and Elder Zulauf. I also saw Joe Hatch! He still (literally) has pep in his step. I caught up with him and he's doing good. We have gym at the same time so I see him then.

All in all, it was a great week. I’m so thankful for you guys and your prayers and fasts on my behalf. I could really feel the blessings of those fasts and prayers. I love you guys so much!!!! You mean the world to me! I will write my more detailed letter home (with a few pictures) in just a minute and include answers to the questions you guys (mom) sent me but I’ll tell you guys some stuff now.

Today I have to get my haircut. Yeah, they got after me and Elder Zulauf and most of our district so I’m crossing my fingers for no bowl cuts or buzzes. But just in case they do, and I ask for hair gel, don't be surprised. I'm gonna get some dry cleaning done and that’s just about it.

I like that 12 days of Christmas idea, it's sounds sweet! I’m down for it! I’m running low on snacks. Gushers, jolly ranchers, etc. so if you could send some more snacks that'll be swell.

You guys are heroes for sending that Quiznos sandwich! I felt kinda dumb asking for it (like it would be my Beto's) but it hit the spot! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Well, it's about time I wrap this up. Thank you, thank you guys again! I love you guys so much! Keep praying for me and putting my name in the temple. I love you guys and I miss you. But it's all good. I'm happy and I’m getting excited to go to Argentina. You guys are amazing. I love you. It's all good :)

Con Amor,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment